FTC Solar Launches New 1P Solar Tracking System - Pioneer
Requires 18%-36% fewer foundations, reducing capital and labor cost
Enables 5%+ greater energy output with higher density
New 500 megawatt tracker agreement to include multiple projects utilizing Pioneer
"Pioneer achieves a full 18%-36% pile count reduction per megawatt vs. the current industry-leading solutions by volume," said
Some of the advantages of Pioneer include:
- Reduced Pile Count - Proprietary and unique design can reduce piles/foundations by 18% or more, significantly reducing capital expenditure and potential costly rework from refusals
- Higher Energy Density – shorter row length enables more than 5% greater energy output for a given parcel of land
Fast Assembly- proprietary fast-module hang technology and fewer overall fasteners save time, greatly reducing person-hours per megawatt
- Reduced Embedment Depth – Zero-degree stow allows for shorter pile embedment depth, with resulting material and labor cost savings
- Accommodates Ultra Large Format Modules-550 and 600w wide format modules are readily accommodated. In addition, no Torque Tube (TT) dimpling or through-bolts are required to index the module to the TT, allowing for module changes and retrofits
- High Slope Tolerance – including 17.5% north-south tracker row allowance
In addition to these advantages Pioneer supports all module factors, including those over 2.4 meters in length, providing customers with increased flexibility when designing projects. In addition, Pioneer will operate independently from the grid during outages and is self-powered with a high-energy battery for up to 3-days overall backup, offering increased energy resilience.
Additionally, Pioneer's design also allows the use of ground screw mounting systems to overcome challenging sub-surface conditions.
Pioneer has undergone rigorous wind tunnel testing by an independent engineering firm RWDI to assure structural and torsional stability in wind conditions up to 120mph. In addition, Pioneer's distinctive torque tube shape allows for longer spans, improved torsional rigidity, and positive alignment of components without the need for torque tube penetrations.
"The introduction of Pioneer,
In addition to the launch of Pioneer, the company also announced today that it has been selected by
Media Contact: Amber Schranz, firstname.lastname@example.org
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ftc-solar-launches-new-1p-solar-tracking-system--pioneer-301624887.html